About the job:
Reporting to the Director, Analytics, IHA is looking for a data analyst to conduct data validation, develop reasonability checks, and provide insights in support of recurring program needs, business development efforts and health policy technical assistance. The ideal candidate has a keen attention to detail, a deep intuition for anticipating data issues, and can efficiently and accurately handle multiple tasks. This is a unique opportunity to work on a challenging project that moves the needle on key healthcare industry pain points in California.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.
At Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), we bring the healthcare community together to overcome barriers to high-value care. For more than 25 years, we have championed a more integrated care system that improves quality and affordability for patients in California and beyond. As a non-profit business league, we are funded by the healthcare industry to help make the system work better for everyone. Our mission-driven executive team and staff work with cross-industry leaders to solve big, systematic challenges such as performance measurement and provider data management. With core values of Collaboration, Candor, and Impact as our guide, we align healthcare around shared goals—and new possibilities. We use data and insights to help everyone improve. We build what is needed to drive lasting change. Because we envision a healthcare system where patients get the best possible care at an affordable price.
Core job duties and responsibilities:
- Support the data intake validation process and ensure effective translation of technical requirements for internal and external stakeholders.
- Document, implement, and continuously improve reporting and analysis. This work will include data file transformation, validation of a variety of data sources, and comprehension of clinical quality, utilization, and cost data.
- Support engineering and operations teams in data validation, data ingestion, file layout creation, benchmarking, and tailored analysis.
- Clearly and concisely summarize data and provide analytic insights to inform decision making for internal and external clients.
- Query datasets from highly normalized databases.
- Generate program results and deliverables based on a variety of IHA developed methodologies.
- Any other duties or ad hoc modeling as required to ensure data analytics operations are successful.
- BA/BS in STEM discipline, public health, statistics, or related field with emphasis on analytical or quantitative skills
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Passion for healthcare data and the healthcare industry
- Intermediate knowledge of Python, STATA, or R to analyze large datasets and support automation
- Intermediate knowledge of Tableau
- Proficiency in SQL
- Have exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Well versed in combing through datasets, performing thorough validations and building impactful data visualizations
- Can communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to various stakeholder personas
- Experience executing on multiple deliverables under tight deadlines
Bonus if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or related discipline
- Experience with using Hex
- Experience with HEDIS measurement, claims-based data, or health information systems
- Competitive salary
- Primarily remote work with access to our Lake Merritt office in Downtown Oakland
- Subsidized gym membership
- 401K contribution
- 20 paid days off a year + 18 holidays
- Employee Development Programs
- LinkedIn Learning
- Subsidized professional development courses
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Mental health support services
- Optum Counselors 24/7 (Online Therapy) – Talkspace
- Meditations apps: Headspace and Calm
- Flexible Spending Account
Salary range: $80,000 – $105,000
US work authorization is a prerequisite to employment for this position.